This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Tuesday evening

Last night I nearly got carried away, nearly, but got drawn back in by Ron, our club chairman.

We started out from the club and split into our little groups. I hung back from my former running friends and ran with Ann again. Just behind us were a group of 3, Ron included. After a mile or so, Ann wanted to drop back but as I felt ok, I decided to go on.

I hadn't gone very far when Ron called me back. I thought he had something to say, but when he joined me, he reminded me that I had said I was pushing myself too much, too soon. Aaahh, those words of wisdom.

I duly hung back and ran the rest of the run with this small group.

It was a good decision - I really, really enjoyed the run. The weather was perfect, the company great and the scenery beautiful - and - it wasn't a struggle, it was a joy to be out running. Cheers Ron!

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 61:48

1 comment:

Mary Gee said...

Ron sounds like a wise man.