This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Thursday Evening

Another run with the running club. Not such a good run tonight - the weather wasn't so good, not that it bothered me. I don't mind the rain, I'd rather it was raining than the sun out, if truth be told. No, it was more the legs, the poor ol' legs.....

I don't know, for some reason, they just didn't want to play. It was really hard going, especially the first couple of miles. My hamstrings felt really tight and my legs were heavy.

I stopped and stretched a bit, and I guess they felt a bit better after that. The rain was coming down a bit harder and I felt like cutting it short and heading back, but after another mile I started to loosen up a bit.

I hung on in there and managed to do the full course: 1 mile out to the business park, 4 laps round it (one mile each lap) and then a mile back to the start.

The group this evening was a bit segmented, I eventually ended up running with Ron. It was a nice, easy pace and a comfortable run, eventually!

Distance: a short 6 - (we took a bit of a shortcut back)
Time: 61:29

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember, a short 6 is further than you were running not too long ago. Remember to stretch after your runs. If your muscles stay tight, a deep tissue massage is torturous, but it makes a world of difference!

Mary Gee said...

Sounds like a good run - in the end.