This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday morning

Set my alarm clock at 5.45 and managed to get myself out of bed. Gosh, the temptation to just reset the alarm and go back to sleep was enormous!

Had some breakfast and pottered about for an hour, waiting for the breakfast to go down I'm just not one of those people that can get up and then be out running within the next ten minutes or so, it takes me a lot longer to get going.

Although it was too early for the sun to be shining, I thought it would be warm so for the first time this year I put my shorts on! What a sight to be seen, wobbly cellulite pounding the roads!!

I was right though, it was warm, very warm.

I started off quite good, but for the last mile I slowed considerably. Still, never mind. That's another run under my belt.

Actually, I just looked back over previous runs, and I ran this a couple of minutes faster than last time, so that's cheered me up a bit!

Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 34:16

No comments: