This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

OMG - has it really been 18 days since I last went for a run! No wonder it was so difficult!!!


Nothing at all to do with all the Easter Eggs and Chocolate I've been consuming!!


I've been really busy the last couple of weeks but that's not a good enough excuse really - I guess I've been putting off that first run back. Cos then, it's back to running regularly, isn't it?

So, excuses behind me, I got up this morning with the idea of doing some form of exercise. At first I had thought about swimming but as I was just putting off the inevitable I decided to don my running shoes and get out there!

It was hard, really hard. My hips seemed very stiff and my legs were buckling at the knees. I wasn't going fast enough to get out of breath so no struggling there, lol. I think I need to be out of bed a lot longer than 1/2 hour for my body to wake up, haha.

Distance: 2.5
Time: 24:19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first time out the door is always the hardest. But, you know it gets easier - you've done it before. Keep at it. Remember all the positives about running.