This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, March 30, 2007

Gosh, the run last night was exhausting! At the very start my hamstrings felt tight and so I knew it was going to be a tough one – I hung back from running with George as I seem to get carried away when I am with him. I thought that by taking it easy and not pushing it that it would be a comfortable run but I never seemed to get into my pace and I found it hard going all the way round.

Now that the clocks have gone forward by one hour it meant that Tuesday evening's run was in daylight – and what a joy that was! It was a lovely run, through the woods and down by the rowing lake and then back up through the woods – it’s just a shame I wasn’t able to enjoy it.

On reflection, I think that I have gone back to the running club too soon. I am always worried that I am pushing it too much and that I still may do some damage to my stomach. I try not to run hard but don’t seem to be able to stop myself from going off with my old running partners.

With that in mind, I have decided to give the running group a miss for the time being and just take things a bit easier on my own. I am still aiming to run 2-3 times a week, but limit myself to about ½ hour and gradually build up my strength and speed.

That’s the plan!

Time: 55:59
Distance: 5.8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart plan, Sue. It is soooo easy to get caught up in running someone else's pace. You're recovering - you need to focus on you for awhile. Take it easy and enjoy your runs!

Mary Christine said...

Sounds sensible to me, but I don't think I would know sensible if it bit me in the butt!