This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Initially I had thought about doing my old 8 mile run on Saturday morning but after giving it a lot of thought I decided that it was probably a bit too soon to be covering that distance. I was disappointed but knew it wouldn't be too long before I would be able to run that far.

I set out from the Health Club with a route in mind, not exactly sure how far it would be. In fact, it is part of my 8 mile run as on that circuit I run past the Health Club probably just about over half way round the course. It was tempting to add on little loops ie round the rowing lake or up past the railway line to the bridge but I stuck to my planned run and just looked out for extra loops I could add on when I was a bit fitter.

I came in back round the big lake and, boy, was it windy! I was running head into the wind and it was real good when I turned up and had the wind behind me!

On getting back to the Health Club I got changed into my swimming gear and had a 15 min swim to stretch out my leg muscles. It seems to work as my legs don't seem to ache so much after having the swim.

Distance: 4+
Time: 49:05

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to be smart. It's hard when you are coming back to running. Your mind thinks you can do more than your body is ready for. (I'm experiencing this, too!) Listen to your body and it'll catch up with your mind soon. :)

Your post-run swim sounds like a great idea!