This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, March 23, 2007

Big turn out on Thursday at the running club and it was decided to do efforts. I thought it best to opt out as I think it is a bit too soon after my op.

Mandy and I decided to do a steady run and set off, along with everybody else but not joining in the efforts! After about 3 miles the main group turned off to run back a different way but Mandy and myself carried on. Just a bit further on we could see George and a couple of other runners, so speeding up slightly we eventually managed to catch them up. By now, I was warmed up and decided to push it for a bit longer, George came with me and the two of us pulled away from the others.

We stayed in front coming in a minute or so before Mandy, Alan and Sheelagh.

I'm not entirely sure it was sensible to be pushing myself like that, but I felt ok so went along with my body and how it was feeling.

I went home and had a nice warm bath to ease my leg muscles and slept very well that night!

Time: 53.42
Distance: 5+

1 comment:

Mary Christine said...

Wow. That is fast!