This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tuesday night saw me back up at the running club. The weather had been pretty poor all day and I had been giving it second thoughts but decided that it really didn't matter what the weather was doing.

As it happened it was a great night, the rain stayed away and although it was a bit cold, I soon got warm and discarded the running gloves a couple of miles into the run.

I had two new running companions, Mandy and Sharon. Mandy is training for the London Marathon and had run a half marathon at the weekend, so didn't want to push it too much and Sharon had had three weeks off with illness, so we were evenly paced.

It was a nice route, about 4'ish miles and a steady pace.

Time: 42:10
Distance: 4+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! :) Sometimes it's easy to let the weather dictate your runs - good for you for getting out there anyway.

Hope your body is feeling good after your runs!