This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

After running two consecutive days, I didn't have time to run again until today.

The weather was glorious, sunny and just a little breeze. However, I had not realised how much rain we had had in the past couple of days and some of the paths were flooded with water up to my ankles!

I waded through and carried on - it could have been worse!

I ran round the big lake and through the nature reserve. It was hard going, it is as if my legs have forgotten how to run! My stride length has completely shortened. I have had a bit of a chest and sore throat for a couple of days and, in ideal circumstances I wouldn't have run today, but I am so desperate to get back out there. I was Ok, just about managing to get round without puffing and wheezing. I've a lot of hard work ahead of me. My stomach muscles seemed to be alright, I could feel I had worked them but they weren't painful so I'm guessing everything is in order.

On looking as past times I am surprised to see that I wasn't that much slower than when I used to run this route. The difference being that I was cruising through in this time whereas today it was hard work!

Distance: 3.7
Time: 36.10

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Congrats on a good time for your run. And thanks for sharing pictures of your world.

Anonymous said...

At least you're running again. Your stride and pace will come back in time. Be patient and keep running! :)