This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

After my run last week I suffered a bit with a sore stomach - I don't think it was due to the run but more to the coughing! I decided to play safe and leave the running until I felt a bit better and my cough had cleared up.

A week later.....

Feeling slightly better, well stomach not aching now but still coughing a little, I thought I had better have another run. I went to the Health Club and got changed there and went for a run from there. It was pretty much my usual run but just starting and ending at a different destination. The pathways were still flooded and there was a bit of wading! I did a loop which took my 30:48 so I'm guessing it is about 3 miles.

I then went into the Health Club and had a 20 minute swim. I love ending the run with a swim as I'm sure it is a really good stretching workout as I never seem to ache nowhere near as much after I have been swimming.

I feel I'm ready now to really get back into running. I'm trying for 3 times this week starting with tomorrow, Monday, again driving to the Health Club on my way home from work, doing the run from there and ending with a swim.

No comments: