This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Rhona wasn’t able to make it for this morning’s run but Laura had decided to come along, so I still had a running buddy for company. It had the added benefit as Laura took me on a route that I hadn’t done before.

We encountered nearly all the elements there are: wind, rain and sun but wind seemed to be the strongest especially on the final part of the run around the lake! Surprisingly though, it was still quite mild.

I have been having a niggling problem with my right knee for the last few weeks, probably ever since the half marathon. It’s not causing me too many problems and I can’t specifically say what the problem is so I’m pretty much trying to ignore it! It feels like the back of the knee is a bit sore and it feels perhaps a little bit swollen and it’s quite hard to bend the leg in on itself – lol, not describing myself very well! I mean, when you bop down the right knee just feels funny ……

Anyway, it doesn’t seem to cause me too many problems when I am running so will just continue on and see how it goes….

Time: 1:30:31
Distance: 9 miles ?

NB: LMAO - as it sit here typing this up, the heavens have opened and rain is pouring out of the sky and combined with the wind, I am sooooo glad to be sat here rather than out there!

No comments: