This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006


I was in two minds whether to go to the jogging club tonight - my chest felt a bit tight and my nose had been a bit tickly all day. My throat felt a bit scratchy too. I have been feeling a bit like I may be getting a cold - and the thing is, I never get colds. Just my luck with only 5 days to go before the Nene Valley 10 on Sunday!

I decided to go along and just see how it goes... I set off with my usual running partner George, and Hayley came along with us as well. We trailed behind the faster runners of the club and soon lost them in our sights. We set our own comfortable pace and a nice running rhythm. The evening was perfect for running, just a slight chill in the air to keep me cool but no wind at all.

Laura tried to keep up with us but decided to cut it short and head back to base when we decided to take in the Business Park loop.

Funnily enough, my right knee that had been playing me up for the past few weeks was feeling okay and it was my left kneecap that felt a bit strange! Typical! But you know there's one thing I have noticed about runners - we always have to have something to worry about!

Time: 1:09:15
Distance: 7+

No comments: