This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I had fully intended to go along to the running club but, yet again, when I got home from work it was such a beautiful day that I went for a run then. I've decided that whilst the weather is this good I may as well make the most of it!

For me, it was perfect running conditions.... not too hot/cool, sun out but no warmth, just the mildest of breezes, Oh my, just perfect! I had thought about running for 5 miles .... I started off on a gentle warm-up and after about 20 minutes I could feel I was speeding up. It seemed so easy, my legs felt so strong, I wasn't at all tired, it was so enjoyable! I was loving it!!

When I got to the turn off I still felt good so decided that I may as well go on for a bit longer and then when I got to the next turn off I still felt good so thought I may as well go on for a bit longer and then....lol, I had run my old 8 mile run. No longer is it my "long" run. How cool is that?! Oh yeah, did I mention I was loving it!

Time: 1:13:01
Distance: 8.2

No comments: