This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday morning has come round once again.... only this time, Rhona and I allowed ourselves a lie-in and didn't start our run until 9.30 am! What bliss!

Wasn't too sure about the weather as it was drizzling when I first looked out of the window; by the time I was dressed the rain had cleared up and the sun was out so - a change of clothing and back into my summer shorts and t-shirt! This weather is crazzzzyyyyy.

We set off at a steady pace and had chosen to run the same course as last Saturday. But, when we got to the turn off we decided to keep on and, in fact, ran our usual 8 mile run - the run I had done on Thursday. I definitely wasn't flying today, lol, my legs were a bit tired from Thursday and I'm thinking it was a bit warmer as well. And, if truth be told, we probably did a fair amount of talking..... All in all, a lot slower than Thursday but still enjoyable, nonetheless.

Time: 1:21:40
Distance: 8.2

No comments: