This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Days to go....


Allowed myself to have a lie-in this morning - didn't get up until 5.45! As I knew I would be having a shorter run I decided that I could afford the extra time in bed.

Still quite dark when I got out there so stuck to the main road. Temperature was great - nice and cool, just the way I like it. Felt like I was moving quite well but really have no idea of what pace it was as I'm not quite sure how far it was.

Had a good think about the half marathon on Sunday and about the timings and decided not to get too hung about it - 12 weeks ago I didn't think I would be able to run a half marathon and here I am now fretting about how fast I can do it!


Time: 32:53
Distance: 3+

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!!!!

L*I*S*A said...

You're going to do a great job. Remember, this is the first one, so you'll have a goal to beat. Enjoy the journey. :)

Anonymous said...

There aren't many people who would regard sleeping until 5:45 as a lie-in.

The work has been done. Any run now is just there to keep your from getting stale. Don't overdo it now, it's much better to go too easy than too hard.

Sue said...

Thanks everyone. I'm taking all the advice on board and taking it easy these last couple of days. Really looking forward to the run, although the forecast is a bit hotter than I would have liked....