This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

4 days to go!

I woke up yesterday morning to the sound of rain thrashing down .... and thought "thank goodness I'm not running today!"

With that thought in mind, and the weather having brightened up by tea time, I decided to go out for a jog rather than leave it until the following morning when the rain might have returned.

I intended taking it easy and although I went at a very slow pace, for some reason I found it quite hard - considering I was taking it easy, my breathing was quite laboured...I really don't understand this running lark - one day I'm feeling so strong and then another day, it's a shorter run and a slower pace, and I find it hard work!

I'm having a rest day today, Wednesday, and will then go for another easy run tomorrow tea-time ... that's the plan.

Time: 34:18
Distance: 4 miles

2 comments:

The Pensive Turtle said...

Hey -

Just found your blog - best of luck on your half -- enjoy every moment!

jeanne said...

running is so mental, isn't it? I never have any idea why one run is good and another stinks. it's like running only shows up when it feels like it!