This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Week Ten - Day 3

Today the temperatures have risen again to the high 80's - well, that's what the weather forecast for this area says. I'm not so sure it's that hot but it definitely is a lot warmer again.

I had been thinking about the run all day, not exactly dreading it but running isn’t something that I exactly look forward to. Afterwards – yeah – it’s a great feeling having done the run. I had at one point talked myself out of going – too hot, legs too tired, rest day, calf muscles aching, not enough time….I could go on.

When I get to feeling like this, I just say to myself – “Get out there, take it easy, do a shorter run, whatever, just try to enjoy”. And that’s how it was today.

I went along the river up the hill and through the local village and back home. Quite a nice run, not very far, probably not even 3 miles but it doesn’t matter, I got out there and I ran and I felt so much better for it.

Going to run 12 miles on Saturday morning. Rhona is planning on accompanying me so that will be nice. 12 miles will be the longest distance I have ever run…

Time: 28:47
Distance: 3 miles

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

Hopefully the cool weather here will come your rain, but without the rain.