This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Week Ten - Day 2

What a difference a couple of degrees drop in the temperature makes! It was definitely cooler this morning and it felt g-r-e-a-t! I felt strong and thought this morning might be a good morning to do a bit of speed work.... rather late in the day, I know! However, I ran and pushed and ran and pushed... I struck lucky towards the end of my run. A couple of lady joggers ahead of me - somebody to target - I got stuck in and caught them up, overtook them and then, of course, had to stay in front, lol. Nothing like overtaking somebody for them to catch you up a half mile down the road!

Scrolling back through previous entries, I see this is my best time yet for this run. All in all, a good one!

Time: 46:37 PB
Distance: 5+

1 comment:

shan said...

what a great goal! it's nice to have signed up for something so that there is a hard deadline to work toward. best of luck!