This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Week Ten - Day 1

It was so dark when I got up this morning that I thought I would be needing a torch to see my way. No worries, by the time I went, about an hour later, the sun had risen and it was looking like it was going to be a bright, sunny day.

I was still very tired from the weekend – probably more due to the late night we had on Saturday than from the long run, lol. I ran my usual 5 mile run round the lake, through the woods and coming back through the nature reserve. I’m starting to get a bit bored but have to remind myself how lovely it is and how lucky I am to have such pretty runs right on my doorstep. It was very peaceful, just the odd jogger here and there. I can think of a few different runs to do but I think they are just too far off the beaten track – I wouldn’t feel safe.

Over the weekend someone asked me if I was running the London Marathon next year. My immediate reaction wasn’t to dismiss it outright and I actually found myself considering it, OMG…. what is happening to me? A marathon?

Time: 42:01
Distance: 5 miles

2 comments:

Sue said...

Annette: Probably stay in my subconscious....lol.

butterflygirl said...

Consider it...you're already half way there.