This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, September 15, 2006

Week Nine - Day 3


For one reason or another, I ended up at the gym running on the treadmill for yesterday's run. It's been a long time since I ran on a treadmill, in fact since I started my training schedule. Up until that point that is where most of my running occurred - although I only used to do 30 minutes (and I used to think that was a long time!).

It was awful - I really missed the feel of the outdoors, the breeze, the freshness, the peace.... The TV screens were a distraction (that's a good thing) but, all in all, it really seemed like harder work than running outdoors.

I got really hot and drank 1 litre of water, trying to cool down. I thought I got hot (see previous post) on my usual runs - but this was way hotter. I found out later that apparently there is a problem with the air conditioning....! Although the run itself wasn't too bad, it was afterwards that I started feeling ill - my stomach was very upset and I just felt terrible - can't make it out. I didn't feel that bad after my 11 mile run last weekend?!

I had an early night and am pleased to say I feel a lot better today.

Time: 50 minutes
Distance: 5 miles?

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

I hate walking on the treadmill, so I can only imagine running.