This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Week Nine - Day 2

Back to running on my own today – Rhona couldn’t make it.

Although there had been rain overnight, it was still quite humid. I hadn’t taken my water bottle and so I brushed past the overhanging branches of trees, trying to shake some water off to cool me down. I still can’t understand why I get so HOT. I don’t sweat very much but it seems to hover under the surface causing me to go very RED in the face. I read somewhere that the fitter you are, the more you sweat so maybe that’s the answer, I’m just not very fit. Now, if only sweating after the run counted as being fit *sigh*. Today, I just couldn’t stop – I had my shower but still had to keep drying myself down – sorry, TMI!!! I’ll move on swiftly…..

Time: 48:49
Distance: 5+

After the beautiful sunrise on Monday morning, I did get up early yesterday and armed with camera went to take some pics….but I was thwarted… too much cloud!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mof2 said...

Loved the exercise video - my type of thing. Really pleased your training is going so well.

Sue said...

You're probably right - I don't drink anywhere near enough water during the way - I know that's a problem and will try to make the effort to drink more.