This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Week Eleven - Day 2


I've just had one of those runs where it is extremely hard work! How disappointing, especially after Saturday's long run and Monday night's run.

I very nearly didn't go out either - I have developed a very sore toe, the one next to the little toe on the left foot. It was sore from Saturday's run and I could see slight bruising under the nail but nothing too much to worry about. However, after Monday's run it became very sore and very bruised.

On Tuesday I went for a walk and decided to let my feet get a bit of an airing so chose to wear flip-flops - BIG mistake! By the end of the walk I had developed a blister right under the big toe crease where the toe joins the foot! Crikes! I've spent all day today worrying that something so stupid could ruin my chances of running the half marathon.

Oh, forgot to mention....for the last couple of weeks I have been wearing a different pair of running shoes. They are slightly older than my usual ones and slightly bigger too. I had switched trainers because, ironically, I had started getting hard skin at the ends of my toes and thought it might be that my trainers were too small. Now I'm decided that my older trainers are too big and that is why I have actually developed blisters - give me the hard skin any day!

Anyway, when I got home I put my usual trainers on (not the bigger ones) and decided that they didn't feel too bad - I could feel my blisters but they didn't actually hurt. I thought that I would go out and if they hurt too much I could just turn round and come home. Well, thankfully my feet were okay, it was just the rest of me that was a bit off!

Time: 35:02
Distance: 4 miles

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

Take care of the tootsies! Properly fitting shoes make all the difference.