This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Week Eleven - Day 3

For the first time since I started this running schedule, I MISSED A DAY! I just didn't have it in me to get out there yesterday - I'm not so sure I can blame my laziness entirely on the toes. I know that at the back of my mind I am worried a little that I could make them worse and then have to miss Saturday's run. The final straw was when I knelt down to put something away in a cupboard and felt a sharp pain shoot up from my foot to my knee - haven't got a clue what that was all about but it left me with a bit of a limp for the rest of the evening. Even having these excuses - and that's what they are, excuses - I still feel so bad for missing out on the run.

I know that it won't make the slightest difference (it won't, will it?) and in fact may be my legs will be more rested and all the better for it?

Why am I feeling so guilty!!!

3 comments:

Thomas said...

One missed workout won't make any difference whatsoever. It's when you start missing them regularly that your training will fall apart.

Don't worry about it. But don't try to miss any more.

L*I*S*A said...

Don't beat yourself up. Recently, I took an ENTIRE WEEK off due to a knee issue. It was difficult in the first few days, but as time went on, I really, really enjoyed it. It did me a world of good, too.

You'll be back at it in no time. No harm, no foul.

Sue said...

I guess you're all right - no harm in missing a day.

LOL, you are so right - it is GUILT that drives us on....