This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Week Eleven - Day 1

Still been thinking about my heart rate - I think I shall wear the monitor again next Saturday for my run and see how it goes. If I remember I shall wear it for a couple of hours during the day at work and see if there are any irregularities - I have a desk job so I shouldn't see any major blips!

Back to today - I wasn't able to go for my run this morning so had it to look forward to all day at work. On the plus side, it was another 12 hours rest for the weary legs. And, it must have done me good because I rocked! Of course, the weather probably had a lot to do with it as it was cool and very still, not a wisp of wind at all.

My time for this run was 46 min 58 secs as against 55 mins last time I ran it!! Okay, last time I went back a slightly long way but taking that into account I probably ran it 5 minutes faster. The distance it measured on Steve's bike was just under 6 miles so that works out at nearly a minute a mile faster than last time. Now, I realise that there is no way it is 6 miles cos that would mean less than 8 min miling and I can't believe I was going that fast. Even if it was 5 miles (and I'm pretty sure it's a bit further than that) it worked out at 9 min miling.

So, I can see progress. Steve says I'm obsessed with distances, wanting to know exactly how far it is but how else can I tell what pace I'm running at?

Time: 46:58
Distance: 6 (?)

1 comment:

Thomas said...

To be honest, the 227 heart rate sounds more like a malfunction of the HR monitor than a sudden jump in your actual HR. I've had a similar reading on my HR monitor once or twice, usually when I was running in heavy rain.

The training seems to be going very well, you'll smoke the race.