This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Week Six - Day 4

Saturday' s here again and that means time for my long run. Although I only had 7 down on my schedule, I decided that as I had done 6 1/2 last week that adding only another half mile wasn't really going to achieve much. So, looking back over my past runs I chose the 8 mile run down past the river, over the weir and through the countryside ending up joining one of my shorter runs and then meandering off into the end of another run....it really is actually a lovely run and I thoroughly enjoyed it today.



The weather was much more suitable to running although if I dare say it, I would still have preferred it slightly cooler. My knees were slightly stiff on setting off after my fall the other day, but after a mile they felt fine. I felt so comfortable running round that I began to think about my schedule - the thought crossed my mind that in a couple of weeks I am due to run 10 miles. I began to wonder if there might be a 10 mile road race coming up: that could serve two purposes. One, get me used to running amongst other runners and two, would give me some idea of pace and it could be incorporated into my schedule.

I ran yet another PB today, the second this week, *grins*.

Time: 75:09
Distance: 8.2