This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Week Six - Day 3


OUCH!

So, there I was, jogging along minding my own business probably thinking about what I was going to cook for to-night's tea, when, WHAM! I see the ground rising up to meet me. Arms out-stretched and a stutter in my stride, I think I've made it.....No such luck, can't get my balance back and I glide across the gravel on my hands and knees....!

First reaction - stop the watch, lol! Next, have a quick look round to make sure no-one was witness to such a clumsy act, *sigh* all alone. Take a couple of minutes to feel sorry for myself, then shoulders back, deep breath, one foot in front of the other......

Good news..... tried chewing gum which Annette recommended. It did the trick. Thanks Annette. No dry mouth for me. Splendid, I shall have a packet forever in my shorts pocket. Oh, and no, I wasn't getting another piece of gum out of said pocket when I fell over ......

Time: 44:20
Distance: 5 miles

No comments: