This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Running stats

I had some good runs this week - all due to the cooler weather. I am definitely affected by the temperature and the cooler it is, the better I run! Had a couple of PBs which I'm pleased with, and I find my legs aren't aching quite so much in between runs!

I don't need to drop my daughter off at work in the mornings any more, so I'm hoping to get to the gym a couple of mornings a week to swim. I have really missed my swimming and I think it will be good to stretch out my tired muscles.

I did find out there is a 10 mile road race in the next couple of weeks - the Swineshead 10 is on Sunday 10 September and I did seriously think about entering. I'm not so sure now, I don't want to give myself unnecessary pressure but trying to "race" - I know what I'm like and I don't want to mess up my half marathon training. Will see how I feel nearer the time.

Actually, it won't be the first time I have run the Swineshead 10. In September 1984 at the age of 27, I ran it in a time of 1 hr 20 secs! Quite a respectable time, I think.

Show all the statistics for this week's runs

3 comments:

Thomas said...

I definitely recommend running the race,. Not only does it make for a good workout, you get to sample the race atmosphere, and you get thing like drinks provided on the roadside.

Rememebr, you don't have to race all-out.

Sue said...

Hi Thomas

I hear what you are saying, and I know it would make sense. I think I am going to make a decision nearer the time....

Sue

butterflygirl said...

love your stats