This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Week Six - Day 2

Tonight was the fortnightly meeting of the running club set up for the half marathon. I decided not to go but stick to my regular running routine. A while ago, I never thought I would be getting up at the crack of dawn to go for a run – but now I’m used to it, I really do prefer it.

I don’t mind running on my own, in lots of ways it really is easier. No-one to worry about, I can set my own pace and I can choose when I want to run. And, for all those same reasons, it can also be a lot harder: feeling isolated, pace never changes and, lastly, choosing when I want to run sometimes means I never get past the back door, lol.

Just lately I have been browsing (ok, lurking!) around on some other running blogs and it’s all I need if I’m feeling short on inspiration! There are some fantastic runners out there, full of down-to-earth advice and every-day stories tracking their running progress. If I have been found skulking around on your blog, well – Cheers! It’s people like YOU who give me encouragement to keep on running! How can I feel alone with so many like-minded runners out there.

On to today's run - Weather looking good! No sun to be seen so I didn't bother with the sunglasses, water bottle and decided to do without the music as well. Didn't miss the music, sunglasses but boy, oh boy, I really could have done with a drink of water. My mouth gets so dry - I tried breathing just through my nose but on nearly passing out, I decided that wasn't a wise move, lol!

After about a mile I began to think about my pace - as it had been so hot on most of my previous runs it was all I could do to get round the course but today, with the weather being slightly cooler, I tried to go a bit faster.

Result! Okay, I'm not breaking any world records here, but it is my personal best for this run since I started up this training log!!

Time: 43:21 PB
Distance 5 miles

No comments: