This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Week Seven - Day 3

After only getting to the bottom of my street I just knew I was going to find this run hard and, oh my gosh, it certainly was! I decided there and then not to look at my watch again until I got to the end – no point in putting undue pressure on me.

Just for a change I decided to go the opposite way round on my usual 5 mile run – and, boy, was it WEIRD. It felt very, very strange indeed. Now I wonder why that should be – I usually run it clockwise – is there something in that I wonder, running it anti-clockwise.

Apart from it being weird, the route itself was okay – I saw different parts of the run that I had never noticed before – Not so good, I missed a turning and had to run back a couple of hundred metres!

I was really finding it hard going – probably the hardest run yet. I can only put it down to excessive partying at the weekend – I will have to learn more about “moderation”, lol.

Yea, a rest day tomorrow !!

Time: 47:13
Distance: 5 miles

2 comments:

The Domesticator said...

I am impressed that after a night of excess, you were able to still run 5 miles! I had no idea you were doing this. You have even more of my respect than ever before. Good Luck!

Sue said...

Hi Pattie,

Good to see you over here. Respect? Let's see if I finish the race, yet! :}

Sue