This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Week Seven - Day 2

I had a really hectic and wonderfully socialable weekend – finishing with an impromptu BBQ round a friend’s house. We started mid-afternoon and it went on into the evening. One or two people left during the course of the evening but I’m hardcore and stayed there till the end!

As time wore on and we opened yet another bottle of wine we somehow got on to the topic of addictions….first of all berating two of our friends for smoking. One of them said she was desperate to stop but couldn’t and her partner saying that he could easily, and would do so when she did. Umm, I wonder whose kidding who? We then moved on to alcohol and had a major discussion about the difference between addiction and alcoholism – we all had our own opinions which differed greatly but all agreed that that particular glass of wine we were drinking was going down well.

They then turned on me and said I was addicted to running….. Of course, they did say it was a GOOD addiction as opposed to harming your body and how they all wished they could run. I always get a bit infuriated when people say that…If I can run, anybody can. It’s just sheer hard work, especially at the start but with a bit of determination and will power, everyone is capable of running.

Actually, I disagreed that I was addicted to running but as my alarm went off this morning at 5.30am I thought that may be, just may be, there’s something in what they said……

Time: 37:10
Distance: 4

2 comments:

Donald said...

Count me as an addict, for better or worse.

Thanks for linking to my site. I'll put a link to yours on my blog soon.

butterflygirl said...

love your comic!