This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Week Seven - Day 1


Well, it's the start of Week 7 of 13 and I have the pleasure of looking forward to a 9 mile run this weekend! 9 MILES, that sound's a long way but before I get there I have my three shorter distance runs to do.

Today, I ran 5 miles. Not my usual 5, but joining two different runs together. I'm pretty sure it's a bit further than 5 but not by much. I'm trying to vary my runs a bit because I soon get bored by running the same route. It was a bit cooler and definitely breezier than it has been for a long time. Could feel it most in the open countryside going round the lake but after that, I was sheltered by trees for most of the time. I felt okay and only about 10-15 minutes near the end could I feel the after effects of my long Saturday run.

Time: 48:51
Distance: 5

2 comments:

butterflygirl said...

Keep going girl!

L*I*S*A said...

I'd highly recommend a 10-mile race. I just completed one this past Saturday. It's a great way to keep your head in the game and break up the usual training runs.

ps - I am so jealous of your time for 5 miles. I'd love to do it in 48 mins and some change! Way to go. :)