This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Training Week Stats

First of all a big shout-out to JogBlog who helped set up my weekly stats - Thanks, Steve, very much appreciated!

Very glad to be back in the swing of things after our holiday - I am still worried that I'm not going to be ready for the half-marathon in October but I shall continue with the schedule and hope that all goes well. Next week I start Week 6 of a 13 week schedule and I plan to run 4, 5, 5 and 7 at the weekend so that doesn't appear too daunting! Then on after it gets a bit frightening as the weekend runs get longer and longer into double figures.... *grimacing*.

One little niggly problem at the moment - I seem to have developed little blisters on the tips of my toes - now, what's that about? Are my trainers too big, too small? Do I need new ones?


Show all the statistics for this week's runs

2 comments:

Junie B said...

i always buy my shoes a 1/2 size bigger...

Sue said...

Um, my shoes are a bit bigger than my normal size. I did wear thicker socks on this run so may be that is the answer?