This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's official - I'm mad!

We’re here in Les Gets, France!

The view from our chalet is beautiful – we are surrounded by lush, green fir trees. We’re about 1100 metres up in the hills which we reach by a very long, steep hill.

Last night I rashly offered to run down to the village and get the croissants for this morning’s breakfast! I woke to the sound of rain….ummmm oh what the heck, I’ve been desperate to run in the rain these past few days!

Never shall I moan about the HILL back home – that is nothing compared to what’s out here! It was quite difficult running down, the hill was so steep – all dignity (what little I have) left behind at the chalet – I seemed to be sort of loudly plodding, trying to keep control! I tried not to think about what it would be like running back up…. The rain had eased off so I wasn’t too wet when I went into La Patisseree – the madamme didn’t even bat an eyelid! It had taken me around 12.30 to get down the hill. So, croissants safely stored in the backpack I had the mammoth task of getting back up the hill! The rain had returned with a vengeance….. It was hard work (under-statement) and I was huffing and puffing but I did it – right up to the top without stopping! Total time 26:12 – Distance 1.8 each way, about 2 miles, I guess?


Did have a couple more photo's but Blogger won't let me post them!


I’ll have to see if I can beat it by the end of the holiday (if I do it again?). My legs are quite tired, especially my calves …..

PS. I’ll apologise here and now for any French words mis-spelt throughout the entire entries whilst here in France!

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

I give you permission to now enjoy the rest of your holiday ;)