This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Week Two - Day 3


After much indecision, I went for a run. I had considered giving it a miss, lots of excuses really, the Ball tonight being the main one. I didn’t want to feel worn out before the evening had even started, lol. I had booked the afternoon off work to have my hair done, and rather than get up extremely early and go for a run, I decided to book the morning off as well. So, no excuses…. plenty of time to do the run and plenty of time to recover ….

I intended doing the 5 mile run, although it was only 4 on my schedule to compensate for not running over the weekend. However, I was thwarted… the bridge was out of action and I had to miss out a loop that I add on to make it 5. I think I probably did 4-4½ .

You can tell the school term is coming to an end real soon…. The lake was full of a school party of kids in sailing boats, windsurfers and canoes. There were shrieks of laughter and enjoyment. Not much further on I came across another party of schoolchildren, this time on bikes. They were just freewheeling down a hill, screaming and laughing and having such fun.

I found it wonderfully uplifting – it’s great seeing the kids finding such pleasure being in the fresh air, enjoying themselves and clearly having fun.

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

Glad to hear you ran, whether is was 4, 1 1/2, or 5...you did it!!