This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Week Three - Day 1

The trouble with jogging is that the ice
falls out of your glass. ~Martin Mull


I have been bad, so bad....

I missed out on my long run this weekend and have decided to put that behind me! I had a great time at the Ball and it was worth missing the run for...

I was determined to start afresh on Monday but it has been so HOT here - and I just don't do HOT. I didn't want to get up early yesterday and had thought I would go out in the evening for my run but during the day my daughter text me asking if I would like to go out for tea, her treat! She has just finished her first year at college and is on a summer break and working for the nursery that she did her placement in - this means she is enjoying the benefits of receiving a weekly pay packet. So, how could I refuse? We went out for tea about 6.30 pm and it was still very warm, way too hot to run in. I think it was only about 9.30 pm when we were walking home that it would have been cool enough to run.

So, alarm set this morning and with renewed determination, I got up early and decided to get the run out of the way, it really is the only way to do it. I'm on Week 3 now and I am supposed to do a 5 mile run. Again, the bridge is out of action and seems to be until September, so I will either have to work out the diversion route or try and add another bit on somewhere else. It took me 45.25, I think that's a bit faster than last time?

The run itself was lovely, the perfect time to be out there. It wasn't too hot and most of the run is through the shade of the trees, the very last bit along the lake got rather hot but at least I am on my way home then!

That's it then, another run under my belt!

3 comments:

butterflygirl said...

I'm glad you didn't run in that awful heat!

Sue said...

So am I! I think it would have been silly and unwise.... is that a reason or an excuse?!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.