This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Week Two - Day 1


Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed. ~Charles Schulz, Peanuts
4 miles
Well, that’s the first run of the second week all done and dusted.

It was jolly hard work, my legs were tired and feeling the effects of last week’s running and particularly the longer run on Saturday. Probably didn’t help going for a bike ride yesterday! I know 8 miles isn’t far on a bike, but if you saw my bike you may reconsider. It’s not some fancy mountain bike but a “Lady’s Bike” – I bought it from Holland and it’s a real sit up straight type of bike with a basket on the front but, best of all, a very padded seat! However, it’s not one that I can build up any speed with.

The weather this morning was absolutely beautiful… very still and just a cooling temperature whilst running in the shade - the sun hadn’t come up very far so there was a fair bit of that.

I ran the 4 mile run but as I now know it was only 3.7 so I added a bit on, making it a total of 4 miles. It wasn’t very fast, just 38.45 – still, mustn’t get caught up in timings, just get out there and get the mileage in.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, a complete day of rest – No Exercise!

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

Glad to hear you had a good run. Number Twelve is going to be doing a half marathon too!