This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Week Three - Day 2


LOL, what's the point in having a schedule if you can't stick to it! Not only have I gone slightly off it, I can't even read it properly. Just checking on how far I should be running today, and noticed yesterday that I only needed to run 4 miles, not 5!

I hate running two days in a row, my legs always ache from the day before, but if I want to run 4 days out of 7, I am always going to have to two consecutive days. Today, it is supposed to be the HOTTEST day of the year, or possibly a decade, so it's best to get it out of the way. But, on getting up it was still a bit overcast and cloudy so I thought it wouldn't be too bad - didn't take my water bottle as I thought I wouldn't need it. Big mistake, it was okay in the shade but that sun, my oh my, it was hot!

Pleased to note I only had to run 4 miles - things are looking up, when I can say "only had to run 4 miles" lol. My legs were tired and I found it pretty hard going, especially the last mile or so but I always think that when you have to dig deep it is doing the most good and I will benefit from it in the long run (no pun intended!).

2 comments:

butterflygirl said...

You must be still recovering from the summer ball...LOL

Sue said...

Flygirl: Umm, I think so...

Anon: Thanks for your lovely comments.