This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Week Three - Day 3


Wasn't too sure whether I would be running today - what with missing out on Monday's run it has thrown my schedule completely out this week. I have my long run to do tomorrow so ideally I would have liked to have had a rest day today. However, the weather forecast was looking so much better - a lot cooler than the 90's we have been enduring - and the knowledge that I can always do a shorter run rather than the 5 miles intended, I got up and donned my running kit.

I went out last night for an Indian meal with my work colleagues. It was a very nice evening - I had some sort of chickpea and potato curry as a starter - it was very hot but it had yoghurt (I think) poured over the top of it to cool it down. It was followed by a potato and cauliflower curry and pashwari naan - umm very nice! Just hope nobody is running down wind of me!!!!

Later ....

Only did a short run - 24 mins. Although it may have been a couple of degrees cooler it certainly didn't feel it. It was very muggy and humid! The sweat is dripping off me ..... (not a pretty picture to conjure up!)

I don't have to get up for work on a Saturday and would like to have had a bit of a lie-in tomorrow, but in this weather I really think it would be better to get up this early again and go out then - could always have a lie-down later in the day!

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

Can't wait to hear on your decision to run or not on Saturday.