This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday morning



The plan was to run 5 miles - however, it was a bit short. Marianne called for me and we ran round to collect Rhona. It started off very cold, there had been a frost overnight and had left a morning mist which looked beautiful and you could see the sun was going to break through later, but for now it was cold.
We ran round the big FM lake going up over the stone bridge through the woods and then back down across the bouncy bridge and round the nature reserve back to home - we are so lucky to have such beautiful runs on our doorstep and i look forward to stretching out the distances and familiarising myself with some of my favourite runs.

I had thought this was a 5 mile run but it only measured 3.75 which means the runs I had been doing on my own were far shorter than I had thought - so, the two runs I had done earlier in the week were my longest runs plus today - so I am feeling very pleased with myself :)


No comments: