This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, October 28, 2011


I've been able to get out 2-3 times a week in the past couple of weeks - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done if I hadn't joined the running club especially as the evenings are really drawing in now. The weather has been amazing and is perfect for running - even last night when we had a slight drizzle, it was still great for running.

I'm feeling ok, at the moment. My back aches a little but not sure if that is to do with running - will keep an eye on it. I've not got much speed at the moment but as long as I can cover some miles, the speed will come later.

I've made it to the club Tues and Thurs and would usually run in the morning with my friend but she can't make it.
It was such a lovely evening that I decided to go when I got in from work. I planned on running 5 miles and did one of my favourite routes of all time - changing scenery, hills, and tranquility. I wore my Garmin and kept an eye on the time but unfortunately I couldn't see the mileage (my eyesight is getting worse the older I get) and I went a bit further than the planned 5 miles, actually running 6.6! Very pleased with that. It did start to get a bit dark towards the end of the run and I was happy to be heading home.

No comments: