This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Yet another Saturday morning run. How different can the weather be from last week. Actually, I love drizzle, of course, only when I'm running though. It keeps me nice and cool and I have a real problem with heating up when running. Even today, at the end of the run I was very red in the face but i guess that's down to being unfit!

Rhona and I did the 4 mile run that I did on Wednesday, bless her! I hope she's not afraid to say No.

And the best bit, on our way back we ran into our old running partners, Sheila and Laura. They ran back with us for a bit and we had a quick catch-up. Can't wait to be fit enough to be able to run with them again.

After lunch, Steve and I went for a walk - 9 miles. We are in training for the Coast to Coast Walk holiday we have booked for the summer.


Had a bit of sciatica which was very uncomfortable. I have done lots of stretching and just hope it doesn't cause me too many problems.

Think I may sleep well tonight, feeling exhausted!

No comments: