This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I wore my new trainers yesterday and I did a very girly thing in trying to avoid all puddles – without much success!

It was surprisingly warm for the first half of the run and then on the way back I was running into the wind, which I hadn’t even realised was there on the way out. I tried to maintain form and keep my head up although I must admit that I checked on my trainers every now and again! My right butt felt ok’ish but I never felt totally relaxed and found parts of the run quite hard going. It was a good mixed route with long straight sections, a couple of hills and some track work. I didn’t take any music and found my mind drifting…..creating a You Tube video for my JustGiving site; dying my hair for the Marathon so friends can easily recognise me; what more I can do to reach my fundraising target; what A levels my son should study next year (we had just had parents evening the night before); and so on. I really find it therapeutic and a great way to think things over.

After the run and throughout the evening my right hip was sore – not sure why; my butt had held out but I guess it’s all part of the same problem. Could my shoes have made a difference and shifted the pain? I’ve booked to see a physio later today. I am hoping for a miracle and I walk out of there completely healed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so funny that you were trying to keep the new shoes clean. I do the same thing! They are never white for very long, are they?

I hope your appt. goes well and the hip/butt issue gets figured out!