This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday evening


Another really good run! Again, a lovely cool evening with just a gentle breeze, perfect running conditions for me. I wouldn't have minded if we had even had just a little drizzle!

Started off in a big group but slowly divided into smaller sets of even pace. After a mile or so, I was feeling good. Surprisingly so, after my long run on Saturday, but it didn't seem to have a lasting effect. There was a little group ahead of me, so I pushed hard and caught them up.

About another mile or so further on, half the group split off and took a shorter route. Three of us pushed on and after half a mile or so Barry caught us. Hailey then dropped back with Barry and Phil and I pushed on together.

It felt good, although it was getting dark by now and it was hard to see where we were putting our feet sometimes. The last couple of miles seemed a long long way and the sight of the floodlights over the football pitch gladdened my heart as that is also where the finish is!

The last mile was really hard going and I was having to push it to keep with Phil. I encouaged him to go ahead but he was having none of it. The effort was worth it as when I uploaded my Garmin I see that was our fastest mile!

Distance: 7.1
Time: 1:02:40
Pace: 8.49

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pleasant evening run. Good job on that last mile! :)