This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Long Run

With just three weekends to go until the Half Marathon I decided I really must get a very long run in. I know some people are happy to have covered most of the distance but, for me, I like to enter the race confident with the knowledge that I can run the distance.

Myself, Marianne and Suzanne set out at 9.30 yesterday morning. It was misty and I couldn't tell whether it was going to be one of those mornings when the sun broke through or it would stay cool - I was hoping for the latter! I mapped out a route in my mind which covered two laps as Marianne didn't want to go as far as Suzanne and myself. We set out at a comfortable pace and after 6 miles Marianne headed home.

We pushed on and upped the pace a bit. It wasn't soul-destroying knowing that we were running the course again (as I know it can be sometimes) but around the 10 mile mark Suzanne's knee was playing up so we cut in and headed towards home.

However, Suzanne had run to our starting point so, of course, she still had to run back home! It added on about just under 2 miles in total and as I wasn't feeling too bad (relatively speaking) I ran most of the way with her and then ran back again to the start.

This made a total distance of 13.5 miles! Yippee!!

Distance: 13.58
Time: 2:23:36
Overall pace: 10:34

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic! That is so good psychologically. The Half Marathon will be a breeze !! Listen to me !! How would I know ?! Still, Good Luck. Sarah