This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Whissendine 6

All day long the weather had been alternating between showers and sunshine but the rain stayed away for the run.
Whissendine is a lovely village just outside Oundle, very picturesque and also very HILLY! It was a charity run and the village had set up raffle stalls, BBQ, and there was a general feeling of goodwill and cheer with lots of spectators at the start and finish.

My plan was to start off steady and just see how my legs were feeling on the night. The course started off with a downhill section immediately followed by, you've guessed it! an UPHILL section that definitely took out a few people! Once I had recovered from the first hill I got into my stride and tried to enjoy the run, taking in the countryside. I particularly remember Mile 4 being one big hill, going on and on and on......

Thankfully, the half mile leading into the finish was on a downhill section. I was very pleased with my run, especially taking into account the hills - I know I'm not good on hills. In fact, there was another lady runner who kept overtaking me on the hills and then I would catch her up on the flat and this went on throughout the run. Unfortunately, she just beat me to the line!

Mile 1: 9.15
Mile 2: 8.43
Mile 3: 8.51
Mile 4: 9.35
Mile 5: 9.03
Mile 6: 8.43

Avg: 9.01

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 54:10

No comments: