This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tuesday evening

I went along to the jogging club on Tuesday evening, not quite sure how my legs would feel after Sunday's run.

I needn't have worried - they felt fine.

I started off at the back of the pack but soon got into my stride and pulled away with Matt. We kept a good pace going, even though it was still a very warm and muggy evening.

We ran a route over to Alwalton meadow, to the railway line and back through FM and up Cherry Orton hill back to the sports centre.

It was great, my legs felt really strong. Can't understand it because I was sure they would feel a bit heavy. Never mind, not going to complain, lol.

I checked my time for when I last ran this run with Ann, and I did it 4 minutes faster this time! Good to see some improvement. I put it down as 6 miles last time, but after running it today, I felt I was running as fast as or nearly as fast as Sunday's 10K pace, so I'm guessing it's a bit more than 6 miles.

Time: 1:03:24
Distance: 6+

No comments: