This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

I went to the running club on Thursday evening and had a fab time... I had promised myself to take it easy and stick to the back runners but yes, you've guessed, I got a bit carried away and forged ahead!

It felt so good to be back there along with my running chums and there were a couple of new faces as well. We set off at a fair pace and I thought I would go with it for as long as I could and it was only the last 1/2 mile or so that I really began to feel the lack of fitness. I was also getting very hot and finished with quite a red face.

We ran about 5 miles I think which I am really pleased with. It wasn't a great time and I really felt every mile in my legs by the end but, all in all, a good evening's work.

Distance: 5
Time: 50:06

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate! It's hard when your mind can do more than your body. I'm glad you're getting back at it. :)