This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Week Twelve - Day 3

For the second week running now, I have missed a day's training....tut tut...

After Wednesday morning's run, I really didn't feel very well...upset tummy etc., will spare you the details.... I even had the day off work which is unheard of!

By Thursday I was beginning to feel better but decided that it wouldn't be wise to go out that morning and would see how I felt in the evening. However, my daughter had different ideas and begged me to go shopping with her for a new outfit...now, how could I resist? Those days of her wanting to go out shopping with her ol mom are definitely numbered...

Well, I'm thinking 3 hours of non-stop walking round the shops without a break easily equates to a 5 mile run - my aching legs assured me of this fact.

I know, I know, I could have gone for a run this morning instead? I even set my alarm, but not with the real intention of making it... my legs still ached, it was too dark, I was too warm, it was too cold and, anyways, I'm not too keen to go out running the day before my long run. Excuses you may think? What the heck, I'm tapering!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I see what you meant when you said you know exactly how I felt. Looks like we're in the same boat at the moment. Like you, I'm feeling better by now, but like you I missed a day's training. But since you are tapering, don't try to make up for it.