This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Recovery run?

Rhona, me and Lindsay before the race

Thank you SO MUCH for all your good wishes, they mean such a lot.

I'm in a bit of a fix now on what to call my Blog, lol.

Will stick with the title, I guess, as there are plenty more half marathons out there to conquer.....
I really did suffer immediately after the half marathon but within a couple of days I could feel I was recovering. My right leg was still very sore, I think I had really given my quads a real bashing but by the end of the week I was willing and ready to venture out again. I'd been batheing (sp?) in the glory of my run for long enough and it was back to earth with a bang!

Met up with Rhona on Saturday morning for a run - BTW Rhona was extremely happy with her half marathon and is fuelled with enthusiasm to do more training for the next one....

We'd decided we would take the pace as it comes but intended on running about 5-6 miles. Either we were running as slow as snails or we went a bit faster than anticipated. It took us 1:13:43 so was probably nearer to at least 6-7 miles, lol. It was comfortable until about the last mile or so when my leg really started to ache, deep inside the buttock... perhaps it felt more like the thigh bone.

You know, I still can't believe I ran the half marathon in under 2 hours - more pressure on me for next year... my aim will be sub 1.45, what do you think of my chances?

Time: 1:13:43
Distance: 7+

No comments: