This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Week Eight - Day 3

I've changed my routine - rather than running all my weekly runs in the morning I have decided that I shall run Monday and Wednesday mornings and then Thursday evening and my usual Saturday morning. That way, I'm not running consecutively, by Thursday evening my legs will have had a better chance to recover - well, that's the plan!

Before I started training for the half marathon I used to go swimming twice a week, Tues and Friday mornings. I decided I could incorporate this back into my weekly schedule and so got up early on Tuesday morning and went swimming - it was very enjoyable and I loved it. However, I have been extremely tired this week and perhaps this was one early morning too much! I've now decided to drop the swimming until after the Half Marathon. This means I'm only getting up at the crack of dawn two mornings a week and consequently shouldn't feel so very tired....

Anyway, back to Day 3 of this week's log - As it was a Thursday I went out when I got home from work. It was a lovely evening, quite warm with a very gentle breeze and I felt like going for a run somewhere I hadn't been for a long while. It's quite a secluded run, down by the river and can be quite scary - certainly not the place to run very early in the morning - mind you, why I should think it's any safer in the evening I don't know! Well, there were a couple of people around walking their dogs so I felt pretty safe. I also had my alarm with me in case something untoward should happen ....

I was hoping it was 5 miles but I think it was probably only 4. Never mind, it was a very pleasant run.

Time: 37:53
Distance 4 miles (?)

No comments: